Saturday, September 01, 2007

Mariah Carey Played Her New Materials in Hot Tub

Mariah Carey debuted her new album to friends in a hot tub. The singer, who has been busy working on her first new material since 2005's 'The Emancipation Of Mimi', decided to test the water by playing it to her girlfriends as they soaked together.
She said: "I sat in the hot tub the other night playing some songs for some friends and one of them felt it was a very pro-woman kind of thing. And I was like, 'You know what, I didn't do that intentionally.' But she felt that it was a very empowered-woman moment."
Although Mariah's pals thought the tracks were promoting girl power, she is adamant the LP is not anti-men. The pop superstar - who has had a colorful love life, including a turbulent marriage to record boss Tommy Mottola and a brief fling with rapper Eminem - explained: "It's not that the songs are male-bashing. It's a fun record. I'm writing with a lot of different people, mainly rappers, and I bring something to the table they don't and vice-versa."
Mariah, 39, feels blessed she is able to sing for a living, and insists she never takes her music career for granted. She told Interview magazine: "To me, to be able to do what I love for a living is a gift from God. I could be doing something I hate every day, but luckily I'm not."

No comments: